This immune boosting, anti-inflammatory recipe offers a nutritious blend of medicinal spices to warm the body & support cellular strength. The absence of garlic & onion make this dish sattvic and gentle on digestion. It’s a fun recipe to mix and match your favorite veggies, proteins, and grains, plus optional fresh herbs to take your cleansing to the next level. Play around to personalize this hearty & health enhancing dish!
2 tablespoons coconut oil
1 tablespoons minced peeled fresh ginger
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon turmeric
½-1 teaspoon curry powder
½-1 teaspoon cayenne *optional
1 – 1.5 teaspoons himalayan sea salt
1-2 cans unsweetened (organic, no guar gum) coconut milk
1-3 cups of water – more or less-depending on how creamy you like it!!
1 Tbsp raw honey
A few splashes of coconut aminos
+ Any seasonal veggies you want!
*add chick peas, tempeh, chicken or fish (cook separately, then combine)
*serve over brown or basmati rice, soba or rice noodles
* add fresh herbs such as basil, cilantro, or lemongrass
1. Warm coconut oil in a large pot.
2. Add spices and heat on low until aromatic but not burnt – 1 mins max and then remove from heat.
3. Add dense veggies like root vegetables, carrots, sweet potatoes, celery first then, Sauté for a few minutes with spices on low heat stirring to combine.
4. Add coconut milk, then water & bring to a boil – roughly 5-7 mins.
5. Then, add veggies like broccoli, kale, bok choy – anything you like – cook for roughly 3 mins.
6. Add a few splashes of coconut aminos + 1 heaping tablespoon of raw honey, mix to combine.
7. In a separate pans – cook protein & grains of choice until just cooked – add to curry mixture, serve & enjoy!
Photo: Alexa Gray