[endimages]We asked locavore chef and yogi Lena Elkousy what her everyday essentials are and she gave us an exclusive look inside her bag!
LENA’S 12 ESSENTIALS
1. My Tembea Japanese cotton fisherman’s satchel can fit everything and then some.
2. Pacifica solid perfume is always at the ready.
3. Culinary Artistry by Andrew Dornenburg and Karen Page.
4. Malin+Goetz lip moisturizer is a total lip-saver.
5. This cool Magno radio, made of Indonesian ebony, is great for listening to NPR on a Saturday morning while making a delicious raw breakfast.
6. My pants from Beyond Yoga are so chic that I can wear them with a cute pair of heels.
7. My Lomo fisheye camera is light, easy-to-use, and has a neat effect that changes a funny moment into an extra-silly memory.
8. Zinka Zinc Oxide sunscreen keeps my skin safe and comes in wild colors like pink and green!
9. I never know when I’ll need to jot down someone’s contact info or an idea, so I always have a pencil and this Rhodia notebook handy.
10. The packaging of these Viking Ship Safety Matches is smart enough to leave on the table next to a few candles, so that an impromptu dinner party turns into an elegant soiree.
11. My old-school Play Mountain wooden yo-yo is an easy conversation starter. It’s the tricks that are hard!
12. My Japanese steel sushi-grade knife and my everyday chef’s knife are both essential for doing what I love.