Kale is an excellent source of beta-carotene and it’s high in Vitamins K, C & A, which help to prevent inflammation, joint pain and kidney stones. It’s also extremely alkaline and rich in chlorophyll (great for the skin!) High sulfur-containing phytonutrients help to support the body’s natural elimination and detoxification process. Raw Kale is high in enzymes and aids in digestion — plus it’s a great source of soluble fiber and iron.
Kale Salad + Turmeric Tahini Dressing
- 1 bunch kale, stemmed and finely chopped & massaged
- Other mixed greens like arugula, spinach, romaine, or butter lettuce
- ½ cup Micro greens
- 2 tablespoons of fresh basil & cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lemon or limejuice
- 2 tablespoons walnuts or pine nuts
- Various seasonal veggies like radish or cucumber
- Gomasio *optional
- Sprouts *optional
- ¼- 1/2 cup of tahini
- 3 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. ground turmeric
- ½ tsp. Himalayan sea salt
- 1 tbsp. organic maple syrup or raw honey
- De-stem, chop & massage kale leaves for up to 1 min (*optional – add a squeeze of lemon juice & pinch of Himalayan salt)
- Toss all ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Combine dressing ingredients In a high speed blender
- Top salad, serve & enjoy!
PHOTO: ALEXA GRAY