1/2 cup buckwheat flour
1/4 cup brown rice flour
1 tbsp cornstarch
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup coconut sugar
2 tbsp pure maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup almond milk
1 banana, chopped
Handful of vegan chocolate chips
Handful of walnuts
Coconut oil for cooking
1. Whisk together the dry ingredients in a bowl (buckwheat flour through coconut sugar).
2. Add the wet ingredients (except for the banana). Stir until combined.
3. Add the sliced banana to the batter and mix gently until combined (but don’t mash the bananas).
4. Heat up 1 tsp coconut oil in a pan at medium to medium-high heat. Using a ladle, scoop out the batter and place onto the pan. Sprinkle some chocolate chips onto the pancake, and then break some walnuts over the pancake as well. Cook the pancakes until air bubbles start to form on the top, then flip it over and cook another 1-2 minutes.
5. Repeat the process until all the pancakes are done. Should yield 4 medium sized pancakes, or 8 small ones.
6. Serve with real maple syrup, smile as you do, and enjoy!