DIY: Home Meditation Altar
It was Deepak Chopra who taught me about the concept of archetypes and the importance of surrounding yourself with the ones that you want to attract into your life and I do that through my home mediation altar.
Although slightly nontraditional (but who decides what is the right way?), my altar represents those things which I want in my life – love, laughter, beauty, balance.
- Sage – to get rid of negative energy in my space.
- Photo of Amma – a reminder to give hugs and show love to those around me.
- Crystals – each have different meanings – my favorite is amber for purification and romance.
- Beads blessed by Deepak Chopra – a reminder to surround myself with what I want to attract into my life, which includes surrounding myself with people who make me feel good.
- Beads blessed by Bagahwan
- Candle – a reminder to shed light on all situations and to be a positive light to others.
- Flowers – to remind myself to stop and smell the roses.
- Statue of Quan Yen, Goddess of Compassion – a reminder to have compassion.
- Statue of Ganesh, Remover of Obstacles – a reminder to have joy and hold a space to remove obstacles.
- Framed Inspirational Quotes – to help me remain inspired and positive.
- Card from my Husband – a reminder that he thinks I’m fabulous, which keeps me smiling!
- Lips – a reminder to speak kind words of myself and others, as well as a reminder to smile.
- I LOVE YOU Rocks – I collect them whenever I travel and gift them to people I love – they remind me of my trip, but also to emanate love.
- Dancing Girl – a reminder to dance and celebrate life!
- Photo of my Dog, Lula – a reminder to unconditionally love like my little girl does of me.
I highly recommend trying your own personal version of this in your home. It can consist of anything from a picture of your dog to a knick knack from a trip abroad. Whatever makes you happy and puts you in a peaceful, focused mindset.